I almost don’t know where to start today. I’m pretty sure I was MIA from the world of Rowena Francis recently.
This last week has been a whirlwind.
I’ve been in over my head with our newest venture. However, I’m so excited to state that we are just about ready to launch our very first card game!
We have been working on this launch for almost 3 years, and now we are down to the nitty-gritty details of production and marketing.
If you’re interested in more info, check out soapboxgames.ca.
Nonetheless, at times like these, my kitchen counters get cluttered with tea bags upon tea bags. Caffeine is just a requirement for my utmost efficiency.
However, now that I have probably burned through a Costco-sized box of Tetley Tea this week, I’m craving a little something different.
That’s when Starbucks sent me an email luring me into the beloved Peppermint Mocha.
Ugh, this is my absolute favourite Christmas drink, but with all of the sugar in it, it’s a no-go for me.
For some reason, and much to my dissatisfaction, Starbucks has discontinued the skinny version of this drink. Why? I don’t know. All I know is that I need to figure out how to make my own skinny version at home.
So, here it is. My tried and true Rowena Francis Skinny Peppermint Iced Mocha!
- 1 1/2 cups Milk (I like 2%, but you can substitute almond or coconut milk for lactose-free option)
- 2 oz Coffee
- 1 Tbsp Cocoa (I love Hershey’s!)
- 1/2 Tbsp Coconut Sugar (Splenda or Swerve for a lower calorie alternative)
- 2 drops Peppermint Oil (or extract)
- 3 Ice Cubes
- Whipped Cream
- Crushed Candy Cane Pieces
- Mix the coconut sugar (or alternative) and cocoa together in the bottom of your mug.
- Brew the coffee over the cocoa mixture and stir until it dissolves.
- Add ice cubes and stir until they’re melted.
- Add drops of peppermint oil.
- Fill the mug/cup with milk and stir some more.
- Top with whipped cream and crushed candy canes.
I usually make this in a reusable Starbucks cup because it fits perfectly and I can throw a lid on it and take it with me in the Jeep. This is also a great hot drink. Since tonight is another work night, I’m going to try out a Skinny Orange Cafe Mocha – the possibilities are endless!