Disclaimer: I’m a #fabfitfunaffiliate with @fabfitfun, which means I make a small commission if you sign up through my link (it doesn’t cost you anything extra). All the opinions in this post are my own.
* long post warning*
Back in October of 2016 I stumbled upon fabfitfun. I instantly had this grand idea that it would be the perfect Christmas gift – since you get surprises all year!
I tried to get my peeps on board, but skepticism was real.
Am I paying a bunch of money for junk?
Will it even be delivered?
Are there hidden fees?
I agree, there was literally no concrete info on the subscription box at that time, but if it was everything it claimed to be, it would be the ultimate gift – a landmine of treasures.
I decided I would try it for myself when I saw one of my favourite YouTubers talk about it.
First things first, what is fabfitfun?
It is a subscription box that sends full-size products every season (4x/year). The boxes are always valued over $200 U.S.
It costs $49.99 U.S. per box if you renew your subscription seasonally (use code PUMPKINSPICE here for $10 off your first box) or you can pay $179.99 U.S. per year if you renew annually.
Side note for Canadians: You will also be charged 13% HST. As far as Duty is concerned, I’ve never had to pay any duties on my shipments (including the time I bought 2 boxes together). Also, I’ve never noticed this before, but it appears that you will be charged $8.00 shipping. All prices are in U.S. dollars.
Here is my review/summary of all the boxes I’ve received:
Editor’s Box Winter 2016
Valued at $247.98
Love $123.99 | OK $63.00 | Pass $60.99
- Modcloth Loch and Key Scarf – $34.99
- Jook & Nona Tag Necklace – $65.00
- Marrakesh Argan & Hemp Hair Oil – $22.99
- Manna Kadar Liplocked Gloss Stain – $24.00
- Anderson Lilley Beach Butter Body Cream – $24.00
- Zoya Nail Polish – $10.00
- O.R.G. Skincare – $44.00
- The Created Co. Coffee Mug – $19.00
- Fabfitfun Coloring Book & Pencils – $14.00
Overall, I loved this box. My favourite items were the blanket scarf, the Jook & Nona necklace and the Anderson Lilley cream.
Valued at $374.00
Love $229.00 | OK $78.00 | Pass $67.00
- Dr. Brandt Microdermabrasion Age Defying Exfoliator ($79.00)
- RealHer Lip Kit in Deep Red ($48.00)
- Gypsy 05 Roundie ($50.00)
- Briogeo Rosarco Milk Leave-In Conditioner Spray ($20.00)
- Deborah Lippmann Nail Polish Set ($19.00)
- Karuna Hydrating Face Masks ($28.00)
- Milly Zip Pouch ($45.00)
- Luv AJ Diamond Kite Crawler Earring Set ($85.00)
I also loved this box. My favs in this box were Dr. Brandt exfoliator, Milly zip pouch and the Luv AJ earrings.
Valued at $281.50
Love $35.00 | OK $137.00 | Pass $109.5
- Michael Stars Ruana ($54.00)
- Kris Nations Mystic Gemstone Bar Necklace ($58.00)
- bkr Water Bottle ($35.00)
- Eau Thermale Avene Ultra-Light Hydrating Sunscreen Lotion SPF 50+ ($24.00)
- Cargo_HD Picture Perfect Highlighter in Bronze ($30.00)
- Juice Beauty Smoothing Eye Concentrate ($29.00)
- Way of Will 03 Soothe and Cool Post-Training Massage Oil ($29.50)
- Amy Tangerine “Ready, Set, Create” Art Kit (canvas, paints, stencil) ($22.00)
This box was ho-hum for me. The only thing I loved in it was the bkr water bottle – which I would never spend that much on a water bottle if I bought it outside of this subscription.
Valued at $386.45
Love $267.00 | OK $119.45 | Pass $0
- Mer-Sea & Co. Cozy Wrap ($98.00)
- Trestique Matte Color & Shiny Balm Lip Crayon ($28.00)
- Whish Beauty Renewing Mud Mask ($48.00)
- Molr C + C Teeth Whitener ($43.95)
- Deco Miami Lavender Cuticle Oil ($12.50)
- IMM Living Wire Heart Ceramic Jewelry Holder ($33.00)
- The Jetset Diaries Cable Knit Beanie ($49.00)
- My Tagalongs Hot & Cold Gel Pack ($15.00)
- Private Party Gym Bag ($59.00)
- Cottonelle FreshCare Flushable Cleansing Cloths (sample)
This was a good box. The Mer-Sea & Co. wrap is draped over my chair and it serves so many purposes. I also get great use out of the gym bag and the beanie.
Valued at $393.00
Love $35 | OK $143.00 | Pass $215
- Kate Sommerville ExfoliKate Intensive Exfoliating Treatment ($75.00)
- 8 Other Reasons Nine Lives Choker ($58.00)
- Homemade by Ayesha Curry Ceramic Mug ($16.00)
- Point Studio Aloe Infused Cozy Socks ($19.00)
- DOUCEE Freematic Eyeshadow Pro Palette ($70.00)
- This Works Deep Sleep Pillow Spray ($29.00)
- Nelson Moisture Healing Hair Mask ($23.00)
- AHAVA Mineral Hand Cream ($33.00)
- BB Dakota Poncho ($70.00)
Ugh, this box was a definite pass for me. The mug and socks were cool, but I gave the poncho away and my skin is way too sensitive for the choker – hello antihistamine!
Valued at $354.00
Love $105.00 | OK $231.00 | Pass $18.00
- Maya Brenner Designs Love Bracelet ($65.00)
- Murad Skin Perfecting Lotion ($40.00)
- ISH Lip Statement Palette ($42.00)
- Rachel Pally Clutch ($60.00)
- Anderson Lilley Candle ($45.00)
- Free People Eye Mask ($40.00)
- Physique 57 Massage Roller ($20.00)
- Dermalect Ridge Filler ($18.00)
- Korres Guava Body Butter ($24.00)
The Spring box was another one that was just ok for me. The lip palette was cool and the Anderson Lilley candle was beautiful, but nothing else really stood out.
Valued at $338.99
Love $170.00 | OK $100.99 | Pass $68.00
- Pier 1 Marble Ring Dish ($14.99) was the day we
- Foreo Luna Fofo ($89.00)
- Jaborneria Marianella Body Caviar ($48.00)
- Tarte Pro To Go Eyeshadow Palette ($23.00)
- Tarte Sex Kitten Eyeliner ($20.00)
- Minor History Postscript Wallet ($20.00)
- Orlando Pita Play Atmos-Shield Hair Protectant Treatment Spray ($34.00
- Coola Classic Face SPF 50 White Tea Moisturizer ($32.00)
- Wildlife Conservation Society Straw
- Yumi Kim Makeup Train Case ($58.00)
Ok, the Foreo Luna fofo was worth this entire box. The eyeshadow palette was great and the makeup case was perfect. The body caviar scrub was terrible – it left everything it touched with a thick, sticky film that didn’t wash off with soap. Blah.
All in all, out of the 7 boxes I have received, I have loved 4, 2 are ok and 1 was a definite fail for me.
Do I think it’s worth it? For the most part, I would say yes. Most of these products I wouldn’t have tried if it were not for fabfitfun. The products I absolutely love make the money I paid for the subscription worth it.
However, would I really have spent the money on any of those products I loved? Probably not. For instance, although I loved the gym bag, I would never have spent the money on it – I have one that is better quality and I paid less for it.
Will I continue to subscribe?
I originally thought yes. Happy Birthday to me! However, after my no-spend August, I’m rethinking my need for random things. I am on the fence about this, but I’m starting to lean toward not renewing in November.
One thought on “FabFitFun | Is It Worth It?”
Excellent web site. Lots of useful info here. I抦 sending it to some friends ans also sharing in delicious. And certainly, thanks for your sweat!